- Balancing Chemical Equations
Scroll about halfway to the bottom for some practice balancing equations with instant feedback.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 18, 2011 1:24pm
- Formula and naming practice
Practice problems on naming formulas and writing formulas for ionic compounds. Immediate feedback. For now, skip any that have more than 2 elements in the formula, and skip the ones whose name ends in -ate or -ite. You only know ones that end in -ide.
Bonding - March 9, 2011 11:05am
- Metallic Bonding video
a video I found on metallic bonding.
Bonding - December 9, 2011 11:00am
- More Practice Balancing Chemical Equations
Quiz style practice balancing equations.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 18, 2011 1:55pm
- Practice Balancing Chemical Equations
Interactive practice balancing equations.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 18, 2011 1:54pm
- Practice Identifying Types of Reactions
Quiz style practice identifying reaction types.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 18, 2011 1:59pm
- Solubility Rules Practice
skip the written questions 1 and 2 at the top
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 9, 2011 5:21pm
- Video Lesson: Solutions and Concentration
Goes with the mini packet on Solutions and Concentration. Shown in class on days there was a sub.
Solutions - April 10, 2013 4:22pm
- Video Tutorial - Mole Conversions
Need help telling when to use Avogadro's number and when to use Molar Mass? Watch this video!
Chemical Quantities - January 20, 2012 3:06pm
- Video Tutorial - stoichiometry with moles and mass
A video tutorial on working out a problem that has moles of one chemical and grams of another.
Unfiled - February 21, 2012 4:01pm
- Video Tutorial: Balancing Combustion Reactions
Reactions and Stoichiometry - February 21, 2012 3:27pm
- Video Tutorial: Calculating Dilutions
Unfiled - April 22, 2013 12:51pm
- Video Tutorial: Calculating Molar Mass of Compounds
Chemical Quantities - January 17, 2012 1:13pm
- Video tutorial: Calculating Moles in a Mole
Chemical Quantities - February 7, 2013 5:22pm
- Video Tutorial: Conversions with Molar Mass
Chemical Quantities - January 17, 2012 12:53pm
- Video Tutorial: Determining Roman numerals for transition metals
This video tutorial explains how to calculate the charge on a transition metal when you have the chemical formula and have to name it. It involves a little algebra.
Bonding - January 24, 2013 5:08pm
- Video Tutorial: double replacement reactions and solubility rules
Reactions and Stoichiometry - February 27, 2012 6:37pm
- Video Tutorial: Double replacement reactions equations
This video shows how to write formulas for products of double replacement reactions.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - February 27, 2012 3:00pm
- Video Tutorial: Empirical Formulas (YouTube)
A video I found that shows how to calculate and write empirical formulas.
Chemical Quantities - February 27, 2013 6:30pm
- Video Tutorial: EMR Calculations
How to use the formulas for electromagentic waves.
Atomic Theory - November 29, 2012 5:19pm
- Video Tutorial: Lewis Dot Structures
Video I made to review how to create Lewis Dot Structures of Covalent Compounds (molecules), using the FAS method.
Bonding - December 6, 2011 3:50pm
- Video Tutorial: Making Mole Ratios for Stoichiometry
Reactions and Stoichiometry - February 21, 2012 3:28pm
- Video Tutorial: Naming Ionic and Covalent Compounds
This video is an edit of 2 videos made by a Canadian online chemistry teacher.
Bonding - January 11, 2013 12:27pm
- Video Tutorial: Oxidation States of Transition Metals
This goes with page 4 in the Bonding and Nomenclature Packet. It explains why transition metals don't always have the same charge the way Alkali Metals and Alkaline Earth Metals do. It shows the 2 oxidation states of Iron.
Bonding - January 9, 2013 11:37am
- Video Tutorial: Single replacement reactions
This video shows how to write equations for single replacement reactions.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - March 2, 2012 5:27pm
- Video Tutorial: stoichiometry from moles A-moles B
A video in which I model how to work out a moles-moles stoichiometry problem.
Reactions and Stoichiometry - February 21, 2012 4:02pm
- Video Tutorial: Using Lewis Dots to see where chemical formulas come from
This is a video tutorial of the activity students did in class to discover how chemical formulas are formed.
Bonding - January 14, 2013 10:45am
- Video Tutorial: VSEPR Molecular Geometry
Video I made demonstrating how to identify electron domains and determine the molecular shape.
Bonding - December 6, 2011 3:53pm
- Video Tutorial: Writing Chemical Formulas
Video I made to review writing chemical formulas when you are given the chemical name.
Bonding - December 6, 2011 3:49pm
- Video Tutorial:Valence Electrons and Dot Diagrams
This video shows how to identify valence electrons and use them to make a dot diagram.
Bonding - October 27, 2011 5:08pm
- Video: Ionic nomenclature and formula writing
this video uses a shortcut I have not introduced yet. If you do not understand the shortcut, just ask. I plan to introduce it 2nd semester.
Bonding - December 9, 2011 11:29am