Patton Elementary School
Patton Elementary School
6001 Westcreek Dr.
Austin, TX 78749
Phone Number: 512 414-1780
Fax: 512 892-6541
|Blue Ribbon School:
|After School Care:
||blue and white
The mission of Patton School is to guide all students to develop their unique gifts and talents and to prepare them to use those talents for the benefit of society. To promote this mission, the Patton staff will:
* address the unique needs of the whole child: intellectual, social, cultural, emotional and physical.
* provide a child-centered school with a friendly, caring environment where each child feels safe and successful.
* actively involve each child in the learning process so that concepts and essential academic skills are firmly developed and problems are seen as opportunieite for learning.
* provide opportunities for both cooperative and independent learning.
challenge each child to attain his/her potential.
* integrate subject areas to promote student awareness and appreciation of the creative application of learning to life.
* demonstrate enthusiasm for life long learning.
* work cooperatively with parents to facilitate a coordinated effort between the school and home with the belief that effective dedication is a partnership.
* help students perform at or above grade level through the use of computers in the classrooms and lab.
The Patton staff is committed to this mission and recognizes its importance and potential impact on our students and society. Through quality teamwork, we believe total commitment, effective innovation, clear communication, and mutual moral support will be achieved.
All students will master the competencies of the core curriculum of reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies.
All students will benefit academically from the high levels of parent and community participation.
All students will benefit academically and emotionally from a school climate which includes self - monitoring attitudes, positive discipline, safe environments, and healthy staff.
Major Programs and Initiatives
*** 2 Labs with 24+ computers;
***in addition to a 4-5 desktop computer cluster in each classroom, for classroom use we have COWs (Computers on Wheels with 22 Mac ibooks and peripherals) and CAVs (Computer Audio Visual Stations with LCD projector, laptop, document viewer, DVD/VCR player, and sound system)
Track & Field
Science Family Fun Night
Student VolleyBall Teams
Cultural/Fine Arts Program
Music Programs featuring every student
Multi-Cultural Exchange Activities
Student/Staff Wellness Programs
Whole Language Instruction