O. Henry Middle School
ParentConnection is the parent portal to GradeSpeed, the District's electronic grade book system. With ParentConnection, we hope to promote higher student achievement by enhancing communication between our teachers and the families of our students.
Parents will be able to use ParentConnection to view assignments, current grades and attendance from any computer with Internet access.
In order to create a ParentConnection account, you must have Internet access, a valid email address, and your student’s unique PIN #. This PIN# can be found on your students report cards and progress reports.
To create a ParentConnection account:
• Go to https://gradespeed.austinisd.org/pc/ and click on ‘Click here to sign up’. (This link is located just below the Log On button.)
• Create a Username and password.
• Enter your name and contact information in the Signup Screen.
• Click on ‘Add Email’ and enter your email address.
• Click ‘I agree to the above terms of usage’ to accept the User Agreement.
• Click ‘Sign Up’. A verification code will be sent to the email address that you provided.
• Open a new Internet browser window to access your email account and retrieve the verification code.
• Return to the ParentConnection logon screen (https://gradespeed.austinisd.org/pc/) and enter your Username and password, along with the verification code that was sent via email. You should now see the ParentConnection Welcome Page.
If you have misplaced or not received your PIN #, you must present your picture I.D. to your school office in order to retrieve your PIN #. The unique PIN numbers will not be given out over the phone or through e-mail.
To add each child to your account, click on the ‘Add Students’ link and enter the required information.
You will need:
• Your child’s first name and last name, as shown on school records
• Your child’s date of birth
• Your child’s AISD Student Number, as shown on report cards and progress reports (Do not enter middle name or middle initial)
• The school number and/or the name of the campus that your child attends
• The unique PIN # (if your student is new to AISD a unique PIN # will be generated 24 hours after enrollment. At that time you may request your PIN # from your campus office by presenting your picture I.D. PIN numbers will not be given out over the phone, through email, or to students.
Detailed directions for creating a ParentConnection account and viewing student information can be accessed through the ‘Help’ link at the top of the ParentConnection Sign In screen. If you are unable to complete the registration process online, contact a ParentConnection facilitator at your child’s school (OHMS/Lucy Herrera)
If you have questions about assignments or grades, please talk to your student first; then contact the teacher, if necessary. Questions about absences should be directed to the attendance clerk at the school.
We hope that this tool will be beneficial in monitoring your child’s progress and academic success.