Programs for Families ff Special Needs Students Offered at Rosedale School
May 5, 2009 - The Austin School Districtís Office of Special Education, in collaboration with The Arc of the Capital Area and Austin Travis County Mental Health/Mental Retardation, will hold a parent training session Tuesday, May 12. The Family Support Cooperative will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at the Rosedale School, located at 2117 W. 49th Street. Free childcare and pizza will be provided at 6:30 p.m. Spanish translators will also be available.
- Autism Spectrum: Using summer programs to develop social skills, Jan Motriuk, Spectrum
- Funding and problem solving for childcare and respite, panel of service providers
- Helping Students with Emotional/Behavioral Issues to Build Relationships, Josh Boydstun, TX Family
- Challenging Behaviors: Working positively with childrenís aggression, AISD
ADD/ADHD: Support and information for families of children and for adults with ADD/ADHD, CHADD
- Down Syndrome Assoc of Central TX: Inclusion in AISD and Private/Charter Schools
- Transitions to Adulthood: Life Issues-- Where to work, live, make friends and have fun, panel
- Utilizing your hidden strengths to parent a child with special needs, Monica Reyes, Childrenís Partnership
- Spanish-speaking families: support and information for parents and siblings, Lucy Ramos, AISD
- Sibling group, for the brothers and sisters of our children with disabilities, ages 6 and up
- Social Opportunities for ages 16 and up at the Coop, The Arc of the Capital Area
- From the Heart: Emotional support group for parents and care-givers, Niki Robinson, The Arc
For more information, call Rosemary at 414-2049.