The Office of Accountability coordinates five functional areas related to state and
federal grants, assessment, evaluation, accountability and data reporting. Our purposes
- Help all students to participate fully and appropriately in assessment programs and maintain test security
- Complete all state/federal data reporting on time, accurately, and with the support of appropriate systems
of checks-and-balances for maximum data integrity and utility
- Disseminate information about funding opportunities as well as state/federal results and program effectiveness
on time and accurately to support improvement plans and their implementation
- Support campuses and other central office departments as, together, we navigate compliance with multiple
accountability mechanisms and any sanctions that are applied as a result of those accountability mechanisms
(state accountability, AYP, PBMAS, etc.).
- Collect and use data to support and monitor district initiatives, ensure compliance with legal requirements
regarding privacy of student and staff data and information, and facilitate internal/external research that
supports district priorities.
1111 W. Sixth Street
Austin, TX 78703