2004 Bond Program Scope of Work
• Construct additional accessible parking access
• Repair and reseal parking lots and drives
• Provide additional exterior security lighting
• Construct retaining wall and terracing for drainage at fire lane
• Replace existing window wall and exit doors and hardware at main gym lobby
• Replace deteriorated exterior doors and hardware
• Repair and repoint masonry walls at various locations
• Repair/replace approximately 90,000 square feet of built-up roofing
• Replace inoperable windows in various locations
• Replace deteriorated windows in locker rooms
• Repair/replace damaged wall paneling in corridors
• Install acoustic panels in auxiliary band hall
• Install dividing curtain between gym and dance classroom
• Refinish/replace deteriorated interior doors and hardware
• Provide acoustic doors for music practice rooms
• Repair wood floors in large and small gyms
• Replace damaged floor tile in various areas
• Repair/replace damaged student lockers
• Replace two ventilation system chillers
• Replace deteriorated ventilation system controls and equipment
• Refurbish/replace ventilation system cooling tower, boilers and selected equipment
• Install emergency egress lighting
• Replace deteriorated restroom exhaust fans
• Replace exit lighting fixtures
• Install additional lighting in fine arts area
• Replace lighting in weight room
• Replace lighting on selected classrooms
• Install new stage lighting and sound system in theater
• Construct new theater arts classroom
• Renovate three arts classrooms
• Renovate selected science classrooms
• Renovate/expand orchestra and choir rooms
• Replace selected library casework/cabinetry/furnishings
• Install safety and security enhancements
2008 Bond Program Scope of Work
• Technology upgrades
• Renovate student and faculty restrooms
• Replace heating, ventilation and air conditioning system equipment in math classroom wing
• Replace courtyard windows in main corridor
• Replace deteriorated lockers along main corridor
• Replace bleachers
• Replace theater fly system at stage
• Construct new auditorium
• Construct two-science classroom addition and convert one existing classroom into a science classroom
• Install science safety equipment
• Cafeteria and kitchen improvements
Projects Funded Through Contingency FundsAAFR Projects:
• North alternative education learning support centers
|Science classroom casework. Renovate classrooms 139, 141 and 143 including floors, ceiling, ventilation and classrooms.
|Science classroom ventilation.
||Modified ventilation systems will provide improvement in indoor air quality.
|Renovation and repair. Phase I: Includes replacement of classroom, cafeteria, library and locker room windows and work on nine exterior doors. Phase II: Includes new stage lighting and sound system, construct new theater arts classrooms, renovate art classrooms, renovate and expand orchestra and choir rooms, install acoustic panels in auxiliary band hall, replace heating and air conditioning units, construct new parking places, repair and reseal parking lots and drives.
||Phase I within budget. Phase II over budget due to material costs and City of Austin code compliance.*
||Theater Arts classroom designed with ceiling height of 16 feet and located east of the existing auditorium.
||Existing air handling units are being replaced with high efficiency equipment that will be connected to the energy management system. New construction will be designed to be in compliance with Austin Energy two-star Green Building rating.
|Construct new auditorium; construct two-science classroom addition; convert one-science classroom and acquire science safety equipment; renovate cafeteria/kitchen; health and safety improvements; repair/renovate heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment; replace courtyard windows at main corridor; repair/replace deteriorated lockers along main corridor, bleachers, theater fly system at stage and restrooms.
||Theater located at original location south of softball fields where the portables were. Softball field relocated to west side of campus where current soccer practice field exists. Portables relocated to the southwest side of campus. Locker installation completed over Winter Break 2009. Second phase of restroom renovation complete over Spring Break 2010. February 2010 City Council approved request for variance allowing the theater fly loft at maximum height of 80 feet. Bleachers, restrooms, math wing renovations, science classrooms, kitchen, boys locker room renovations and new softball field are complete. Reached substantial completion in July 2011.
|North alternative education learning support centers.
||Grouped with 14 other schools.
*Budget for the 2004 and 2008 Bond Programs are reported as both individual project budgets and overall
program budget. While specific projects may be over or under budget, the 2004 and 2008 Bond Programs remain well
within the total program budget.
Click on photo for larger version.
|There are no images for this project.
Find Out What's Happening at your School
There are no events scheduled.