Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
What is AVID?
What AVID is...
What AVID isn't...
- AVID is an acronym that stands for ADvancement Via Individual Determination.
- AVID is an in-school academic support program for grades 4-12 that prepare students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places academically average students in advanced classes.
- AVID levels the playing filed for minority, rural, low-income and other students without a college-going tradition in their families
- AVID is for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle.
- AVID is implemented school-wide and district-wide
- AVID isn't a remedial program.
- AVID isn't a free ride.
- AVID isn't a niche program.
- AVID isn't a college outreach program.
AVID and Advisory Coordinator