OCPE Student/Parent Responsibilities
- All documentation from parents, agency/instructors, and counselors must be completed and submitted by the required deadlines,
which are on or before the first day of the fall or spring semester BY MIDNIGHT. It is suggested that parents and students start
this process at least 2-3 weeks before the start of the semester to meet all the documentation and scheduling requirements.
Delinquent information will result in denial of the waiver request.
- Students may only participate with one agency/instructor at a time. Summer activities will not be counted.
- Students must participate 15 hours per week for Category I or 5 hours per week for Category II at the approved Agency from the
beginning of each semester and continue through the entire semester (total of 18 weeks) or transfer into a general PE class to receive
0.5 credits for Physical Education. For the OCPE Program, each hour of student participation is equivalent to one day of attendance or
- Students must complete a required OCPE Student Workbook to show accountability for learned Physical Education Texas Essential Knowledge
and Skills (TEKS). These weekly topics will be discussed and the Agency instructor will give written assignments which will be scored with
a numerical grade. All students must earn a numerical grade of 70 or higher to pass each OCPE course. (Note: The final course grade will
be determined by the average of each three six week's numerical grades and the Final Exam.)
- Students may be asked to show or turn in their workbook to various AISD employees at any time. Students should keep their workbooks
in their possession at all times.
- As in all classes, students must meet the 90% attendance rule.
- Students must continue to attend Agency classes to do alternative learning activities if he/she is injured. A doctor's note must be
given to the instructor with specific details describing what the student can and cannot do and when full participation is permitted. If
the student's injury/illness is to persist more than one week (long-term injury/illness), then the agency instructor will contact the
AISD-OCPE Specialist for further assistance.
AISD Physical Education
1111 West Sixth Street
Austin, TX 78703-5399
Middle and High School Course Desciptions