OCPE Agency Coordinator and Instructor Responsibilities
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must provide AISD with current instructor(s) contact information, teaching credentials/certifications,
CPR certification, Texas and National Background Checks at least two weeks prior to the start of the school semester.
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must ensure that all instructors are "appropriately trained" for Category II or "exceptionally trained"
for Category I, meaning that the Agency must provide certification and/or documentation of instructor training and experience.
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must ensure that all instructors teach and discuss the AISD Physical Education TEKS curriculum during
scheduled practices or scheduled OCPE Program instruction time.
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must ensure that all instructors are following the weekly AISD TEKS curriculum workbook assignment schedule
and that all OCPE students are completing the appropriate assignment(s).
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must ensure that all instructors provide numerical grades for each written assignment in students'
workbooks and that all assignments are complete.
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator shall ensure that all instructors provide the required documentation (students' hours of participation
and six weeks numerical grade) to students' counselors on or before the identified date provided by the Physical Education
Coordinator. AISD will provide a copy of the school year calendar and specific grading report period dates prior to the
start of the school year. The calendar with each six week's grading deadline may also be accessed at
http://www.austinisd.org/academics/calendar. The OCPE Agency Coordinator shall
provide evidence of student attendance upon request.
- The OCPE Agency Coordinator must notify the AISD PE Coordinator and the school counselor if students choose to transfer into
a general physical education class and/or do not meet the 90% attendance requirement. For the OCPE Program, one hour of participation is
equivalent to one day of attendance or absence. Agencies may round down (1.5 hours missed = 1 day of absence).
AISD Physical Education
1111 West Sixth Street
Austin, TX 78703-5399
Middle and High School Course Desciptions